As technology advances, so as the businesses. And for businesses, marketing plays an important role. The success of the business is greatly affected by their marketing strategies. Since most of people nowadays rely on mobile phones as their primary communication device, there are also some businesses that uses Short Message Service (SMS) as their marketing tool
What is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is a marketing strategy that uses text messaging to distribute marketing messages such as special offers, new products and services, and updates about a particular product.
SMS marketing emerges when people started to communicate using mobile phones. Of course, the cellular service providers are among the very first companies to use SMS marketing. They have the edge over other companies considering that they already have the numbers of their individual customers and the technology to reach the customers quickly.
Many companies are encouraged to use SMS marketing because of many reasons. Let us check out the following benefits of SMS marketing, you may want to consider investing to it too.
SMS Marketing For Business
Video by Mobile Sales Boost
Benefits of SMS Marketing
- SMS marketing is very fast . It can deliver the message in an instant not just to a single person but a lot more. There are lot of marketing strategies but not all can deliver your message as fast as SMS marketing.
- SMS is flexible in nature. You may opt to send message to only few individuals or you may send messages to your entire list all at once. SMS marketing can also be integrate in other forms of online marketing.
- SMS marketing is also more effective than email marketing. In SMS marketing, once a person received a message it is most likely to be opened unlike email which is sometimes unopened or worst block by spam filters.
- With SMS, subscriber action is incredibly high than any other marketing strategies.
- In SMS marketing, messages may look very personal. Messages are directly received by individuals without passing through any barriers not like email that needs to ask permission from the customers to avoid spam filters.
- Messages are clear and concise. Because SMS can only consist of around 160 characters, it forces the sender to make its point directly and avoid unnecessary contents.
- Imagine how many people have mobile phones. Since there are millions of users of mobile phones,your market potential is also great. Imagine you can tap each and everyone on this market potential and that is good news for your business.
- SMS marketing promotes green environment. Just like online marketing strategies, SMS marketing is also environment- friendly marketing.
Now that you have determine the benefits of SMS marketing, you also needs to know its fall backs.
SMS marketing may sometimes go invasive to many people. Some individuals may tend to abuse their access to their customers. They send messages frequently that are becoming annoyance for the recipients. There are also some companies that will ask first their customers if they wanted to receive messages from them to avoid being invasive. The fact that SMS can only contain 160 characters per message, it may be very difficult for senders to come up with short marketing message.
Some says that marketing your business through SMS will be the next big thing in marketing your business. Do you think SMS marketing is a main factor businesses should consider?