Almost everybody in online community knows about blogs but not all has the ability to write blogs effectively. Blogs provide an opportunity for people who wants to share their experiences, knowledge and ideas online.
Blogs with good content attracts more audiences. Many businessmen see blogs as a good form of advertisement. Aside from blogs are more cheaper form of advertisement, they have been proven effective.
However, if there are many effective blogs, there are also blogs that do not gain visits. Actually, there are a lot more blogs that are not effective or have not been visited than those blogs that are frequently visited.
Tips in Making Your Blogs More Effective
1. Choose a topic that will surely hit the public. Of course before you start writing, you should pick a topic that will give direction to your writing. Topic that will caught the interest of the readers. Once you already picked a topic, know everything about it and then stick to it. You may want to check out first what is new or what topics are trending.
2. Think of a title that will give an impact and character for your blog. It should be brief and honest. Usually, readers tend to look at the title first before continuing reading the contents. When the readers find the title boring, they tend to leave the page immediately and look for other sources.
3. Consider search engines when you are writing. It would be helpful to make your blog sear engine- friendly so that you will have more chances that more people will read your blogs. Here are many techniques to optimize your blogs.
4. Graphics can also help catch the attention of readers. Choose images that is eye- catching but make sure that it portrays the content of your blog. Your featured image should give the audience the ideas of what your blog is all about. You may also include images that will support your posts. However, make sure that your blog will not look messy.
5. Most of the readers tend to scan only blogs so make sure your content is not so long. Long paragraphs will bore the readers. Short but informative blogs are more effective than blogs with long paragraphs but poor contents.
6. Bold the subheading so that readers would easily identify them. Subheadings are used as division for sections of your post. Since readers will just typically scan your post, the subheadings will help them find what they are searching for easily.
7. For longer posts, you may use numbered lists and bullets to shorten your post. This will also promote easy reading so that your readers will not be bored of your post.
8. Provide links that will direct to other sources related to your post. This will help the readers to determine that the information you are giving are correct. Also, links will give the readers the opportunity to investigate more.
9. You can start discussion in your blog. Leave some questions that will entice your readers to share their own views.
It is recommended to let your readers give a feedback regarding on your post. By doing this, you will be able to determine what are the weaknesses of your blogs and do something about it. If you know the techniques and tricks, blogs can be very powerful tools for marketing.